Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Progress Report

The initial edits for my manuscript are completed, and I’m about one third of the way through inputting them for the next printed copy. I’ve added several more passages to shore up weaknesses in the plot line, and I’ve spent some time considering what I need to include for the story to mesh seamlessly in future installments for the series.

With all that said, I have to thank my wife for pointing out a serious error in the series for me. I was missing out on a large area of one culture by only showcasing their leadership. This made much of the tension in their part of the story less believable, because they felt like bit players in comparison to the other cultures.

As a result, I’ve went back and started putting in chapters for a new character. This girl is still closely attached to the ruling elite, but her storyline will carry her to places that would have otherwise remained unexplored.


I owe you a big thanks, Brittany. You’ve brought another portion of Cestre to light that may never have been known outside the confines of my own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment