Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Progress Report

It has been such a long road to this point on the book. I’ve worked in genres with established backgrounds and worlds before, but with this fantasy series I’m building so much from the ground up. There are so many groups of peoples, areas in the world, and character stories to place together. Then there are the ways in which this world’s physics differ from our own, such as multiple moons and the presence of magic. Add in a history to keep straight and it has been a true journey in straightening out details.

I’m not complaining in the slightest. This has been a fantastic journey for me! I’m putting the final pages in this week, with a new character that came about from talks with my wife. Once these are done I have just a handful more edits to complete, and a single chapter to write in the middle of the book. Once these are done and cross-checked with my notes, I should be ready to release the draft to my initial group of readers.


I’m still so energized for the process, and I’m finding that the desire only grows as I come closer to the end. I’ve spent more time per day in the book as it comes to life, and I can only hope that others will be as interested in the story as I am. If everything goes to my plan, I should have the book in my first reader’s hands by this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment