Monday, September 30, 2013

Putting in Work

My writing productivity improved by leaps and bounds over the last few days. I took some extra time away from the tasks over the weekend, and today I have managed to pump out an extra large batch of materials in a shortened afternoon. I just submitted my poem to the Writer’s Digest poetry competition, and I am pretty confident in my efforts. However, I am enough of a realist to accept whatever the end result may be.

I’m incredibly driven by the route to being published, and it has hung heavily in my mind for the past several weeks. My book length is increasing steadily, although never as fast as my impatience demands. The plan is still to have a polished draft ready by the end of 2013. Following that, I’m aiming to find an agent in early 2014.

I know that any competitions I win can assist me in the process of finding an agent and then a publisher. I will continue to work, and wait for the day that my dream becomes a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment