Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Best Intentions

The best-laid plans rarely survive contact with the enemy. Unfortunately, I am my own worst enemy in this case.

The last quarter of 2013 flew by in a whir, and I didn’t complete very many of my planned projects. Among these projects was the planned completion of my rough draft, which is now sitting at roughly 65,000 words. I struggled through NaNoWriMo with hardly a word written, and December went how it normally goes. With all this said, I’m sitting in a new year with an incomplete book.

In addition to this, I failed to place in any of the writing competitions I entered last year. I don’t feel the failures as keenly as I once did, but it would be a lie to say that it isn’t discouraging.

With all that said, I’m ready to make 2014 a different year. I’m not going to seek to finish my novel by a set date; rather, I will commit to 1,500 words per day. I also plan to work in each of my three blogs at least twice a week.

I’m actually feeling positive about the plan going forward. I’m committed to change my life, and the lives of others, through my writing. 2014, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment