Thursday, January 16, 2014

Rough Draft

In the past three days I’ve managed to add three thousand words to my rough draft. Now I can feel the lines of the plot coming together. Where before I felt the construction efforts of building a new world and all of its cultures, now I am struggling to write the words fast enough, as the actions and plots of all the characters are starting to come to fruition.

I’m trying not to even look back at this point. I’m aware of at least two plot continuity issues, so I’m sure there are many more waiting when I revisit the draft. For now I am simply jotting notes as I realize something needs housekeeping attention, and then pressing to finish the first copy of the manuscript.

It feels strange to see the end in sight, even if it is still very far away. Last June the world of Cestre was barely more than a shadow in my mind, but now I almost feel like a visitor there each time I visit. I can fully see the cities and the beautiful places in its nature, and I feel sorrowful with each death I inflict on this wonderful place.

I hope one day others will feel the same sense of enjoyment at the peoples and cultures of my world. Ultimately, sharing this wonderful place with others is the reason I write.

It's still a long way to the top, but I'm eager to know 
what the view is like from way up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment