Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Editing: Once More Unto the Breach!

Dawnbringer is back from my initial readers, with lots of praise and a few pointers for correction. Overall I’m happy with the responses I’m getting, and I’m still eagerly anticipating the comments from a few last readers.

In the meantime, with NaNoWriMo having come to an end, I will be returning to the editing process. I’m still holding my feet to the fire and writing one thousand words per day, but my primary focus is shifting back to revision. By the end of the year I plan to have a draft that is ready to be submitted to a few lucky agents!

I’ve always been nervous about sharing my work with others, and I didn’t expect nearly so positive of a response. With that said, the book did seem to speak to my readers, and I wanted that more than anything else. If the story doesn’t evoke an emotional journey for my reader, then I feel as if I’ve failed somewhere in the creative process.


A few more weeks, and I’ll take the next intrepid step on this crazy journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment