Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Year’s End Reminisce

I look back on 2014, and while many things didn’t go as I’d planned it was the best writing year of my life, by far. It is important to stop and look at the goals you’ve achieved from time to time, otherwise you end up wondering why you aren’t at the finish line already. It takes time! With that said, let’s take a look at the year in review from an authorial standpoint.

I finished my first full-length novel, and I got a really good jump on the second. My blogs aren’t where I want them to be, but they’re much more established than they were at the beginning of the year. I have a decent readership, and I’ve also had the honor of writing for Bell of Lost Souls throughout the latter half of the year.

I’ve made writing a daily habit, and I can’t stress this enough to those of you who aspire to write. You cannot achieve your goals if you don’t make time for writing each and every day. Even if it’s only fifty words jotted onto a notepad in the doctor’s waiting room, progress is progress!

I look forward to making 2015 even more productive than this year, and I hope that this will be the year I announce the publication of my first work. I thank those of you who have read my ramblings these past months, and I hope to continue with you in the new year.


In the meantime, have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment