Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Poem – Flower

It has been too long since I’ve had an update for the blog. I plan to start doing regular updates again, as I work to add more content to the site. I’d like to start reviewing books as I read them, and perhaps sharing news stories regarding writing when they move me to do so.

In the meantime, here is something I have been working on recently. Enjoy!

Flower
Through sooty, smoke-filled room
Past dingy, cold formed glass
A bright speck makes its mark
As its brief time here does pass
Can any say for sure
Why wisdom chose this place?
Was its presence in this gloom
Benefit for my beholding face?
This moment spent between us
Juxtapositional beauty, take in
And wonder if there be meaning
Through miasma of caked sin
Frail resilience, ruthless progression
Bright and vibrant, cold and gray
Can such beauty truly last here
Or is it destined to fade away?
Randall Madden

January 30, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment