Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Poem – Between the Silence

Sometimes, things don’t go as planned in life. We lose those we love, and we’re left only with the memories. Though they might be a place of comfort, they are often imperfect, and they tragically fade with time.

This poem was built around the idea of those memories. It isn’t necessarily a happy piece, but it is one of the truest pieces I’ve ever made, and I relate to it in a way that I cannot explain. I hope you all enjoy it, and get half as much of an experience as I had writing it.

Between the Silence
You lived here once before
When there was so much time to kill
Now you dwell between the silence
And I know you are there still
When things become too loud
You’re impossible to see
Then the silence comes once more
And you’re waiting there for me
The quiet blinds my senses
And leaves me lost within
The tranquil, sighing hollows
Where I see your face again
With time the space there narrows
How I wish that it could last!
But the roar becomes a mutter
And too soon, the space has passed
With practice, could I find it?
Is it mind, or strength, or will?
You remain there in the silence
And I know you are there still.

Randall Madden

April 4, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment