Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Progress Report – Camp NaNo Comes to an End

April has been a busy writing month for me, with hobby projects and YouTube work competing with my writing time. However, I’ve found the pace I need to finish in this last stretch of days before the competition ends.

I’m currently sitting at 37,000 words, meaning I have about 4,000 to write each day to be finished on time. That said, I have a clear outline and plan as to what comes next, and the words are flying onto the page much faster than usual. Barring some blow-up elsewhere in life between now and then, I’m almost certain that I will make the word total.

As this winds down, though, I’m also coming to the realization that I’m reaching the point in the publishing quest that is most difficult for me personally. After one quick round of edits to this new writing, which will take a day or two at most, I’m going to be moving on to an agent search. So many people have difficulties at this stage, and their manuscript remains just that because they’re unable to find their niche in selling the book.

I’m confident in my writing; I’ve put hundreds and hundreds of hours into completing this thing, along with several revisions and some difficult cutting processes. All that remains is to polish my query letter until it shines, and then I will be on my way. I expect that process to begin in the second week of May.


Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment